Parasitology Short Courses around the Globe
If you know of any parasitology training programs that are not listed please email to let us know!
- Biology of Parasitism – Woods Hole, Massachusetts
- For more than 30 years BoP has attracted the best and brightest students from around the World. The course offers an opportunity for hands on training at the cutting edge of parasite research. Typical BoP students are senior doctoral students, postdocs, or beginning faculty (who enter the field). Learn new approaches sharing the bench with the scientists who develop them.
- Concepts in Parasitology – Australian Society for Parasitology
- A two-week course at ANU’s Kioloa campus offering students a unique opportunity to work with prominent Australian parasitologists and learn state-of-the-art research techniques
- Schistosome training in life cycle and molecular approaches from BRI
- The NIH-NIAID Schistosomiasis Resource Center offers a semiannual training course on the maintenance of Schistosoma life cycles: S. haematobium, S. japonicum and S.mansoni. The course is designed to acquaint investigators working in the field of schistosomiasis with protocols for maintaining the complete parasite life cycle in their own laboratory and provides both wet lab and lectures
- Center of Excellence Tick Workshop
- The U. S. National Tick Collection at the James H. Oliver, Jr., Institute for Coastal Plain Science (Georgia Southern University) and the CDC Southeastern Center of Excellence in Vector Borne Diseases are offering the “5th Annual Tick Workshop” at Georgia Southern (Statesboro, GA)
- Parasitology Summer Course (ParSCo)
- The tenth edition of the Parasitology Summer Course (VIII ParSCo) organized by the Parasitology Unit of the Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari (Italy) and School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Science (TUMS) and Iranian Society of Parasitology (ISP) with the support of the European Veterinary Parasitology College (EVPC), of the World Health Organization (WHO) and of Parasites & Vectors.
- Medical parasitology Continuing Education
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention offers numerous continuing education opportunities focusing Malaria, Chagas disease, Leishmaniasis, Cysticercosis.
- Tick-borne Disease Continuing Education
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention offers numerous continuing education opportunities focusing on tick-borne diseases.
- Human parasite case of the week
- Every week blogger ParasiteGal will post a new Case, along with the answer to the previous case.